Ecommerce website Design by Lower Mainland Websites in Vancouver, Surrey, Guildford and all over the Lower Mainland.
In this article we will be discussing what are some signs of a good and bad ecommerce website.
What is Ecommerce?
Ecommerce is a term used to describe businesses that contain high volume of sales online. Any time a business is selling their products online, it’s considered ecommerce.
What Makes a Good Ecommerce Website?
#1 – Ease of Use
If a website is easy to use and navigate, it makes the whole customer experience 100 times better. In ecommerce, your website is your business and you want customers to have a good first impression of your online real estate.
Ease of use also plays a huge role in sales, you can’t expect sales if the customer is lost. Ease of use is always a sign of a good ecommerce website and websites in general.
#2 – Customer Confidence
One of the most important factors for Ecommerce is customer confidence. If the customer doesn’t feel safe making transactions on your website, even if it’s just a little bit of doubt, it will be a deal breaker.
Also with the rise of internet scams people are on high alert. Every website we make, we make customer security the #1 priority, after all it’s all about the customer. We make use of multiple layers of safety, such as….
- Using an SSL Certificate (Little green lock in the URL)
- Storing vital info such as credit card info on a completely different secure server
- Keeping all website software up to date
- Upgraded Hosting and much more
What makes a bad Ecommerce website?
Misinformation can come in a few ways so let’s break it down…..
- Hidden Fees – The simplest way to lose clients. Research shows a large number of people drop off on the check-out page and often it can be because of hidden fees. Always be transparent with your customers and it will definitely pay off.
- Not Enough Product Information – Each product needs a comprehensible description, it’s essentially a form of selling to the customer. The more they know, the more likely they are to buy.
Just like Misinformation, poor design also comes in a few different ways…..
- Complicated Checkout Process – As discussed earlier, many people drop off on the checkout screen, for more than just hidden fees, though they do play a huge roll. This drop off, also know as Cart abandonment, can be due to an over complicated checkout. We avoid frustration by making this process as painless and quick as possible.
- Sore Image Quality – Noting turn off customers more than shoddy image quality. They are trying to look at the product as best they can, which is always difficult online, so don’t make it worse by having some pixelated mess as the product photo. Something as simple as a good image can make the deal and it’s easy to get right.
An Ecommerce website is a great platform to start or expand a business. They’re also amazing for testing the waters with new products. An Ecommerce website can be a great tool as long the tool is used correctly and efficiently.
Read more tips and trick on our blog Here